Contract Type: Full time (part time may be considered for the right candidate), permanent
Working pattern: Standard
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15 May at 9 a.m.
Salary: Leadership Scale: Range L4 – L8 (dependent on experience)
Would you like to lead in a rapidly improving and forward-thinking primary school?
Would you like to work in a school that can offer highly enthused and well-behaved children who are keen to learn and a supportive, friendly community?
Do you have a vision for improving the quality of teaching and learning?
Required for September 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join our supportive and forward-thinking school. The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and creative strategic leader to join our committed and enthusiastic team at Gorsemoor. We are looking to recruit a permanent Assistant Headteacher who will be class-based in Upper Key Stage Two with dedicated leadership time. Ideally, we would like to make a full-time appointment, though we are willing to consider a fractional permanent post for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner with recent, relevant classroom experience. We are looking for someone who is able to make a significant contribution to the life of the school and who is committed to raising standards.
Gorsemoor is a large Primary School in Cannock with 580 pupils on roll. We are dedicated to providing a creative curriculum and a stimulating environment to allow pupils to thrive. There is a warm friendly atmosphere at the school and the pupils are at the heart of everything we do.
We are proud of our:
- pupils who are engaged, well-behaved and love to learn
- caring, dedicated and knowledgeable team of staff and governors
- high expectations and vision for school improvement
- commitment to continuing professional development
- a warm friendly atmosphere
- a very supportive teaching staff who have a desire to take the school forward
- interested and supportive parents
We are looking to appoint a leader who:
- is an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner that has experience of highly effective classroom practice in Key Stage 2 that can be shared in our school
- is committed to raising standards and attainment for all children
- is dedicated to pupil progress through inspirational teaching and learning
- is committed to working as part of a team
- is willing to take part in all aspects of school life
- has excellent communication and inter-personal skills that can motivate, lead, support and challenge
In return, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to shape the next step of your leadership journey through values led leadership
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking school, that works tirelessly to support the outcomes of our children, families and staff
- A school that is committed to the wellbeing, work life balance and professional development of all staff
- Join a team where leaders at all levels work together effectively to drive improvement and sustain quality in the school
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the community we serve
Visits to the school are welcomed, if you wish to visit the school, please contact the school office.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 May at 9 a.m.
Shortlisting: Wednesday 15 May
Teaching observations: Wednesday 22 May
Candidates will be expected to teach all morning and will be notified by lunch time as to whether or not they have been successful in being taken forward for interview in the afternoon.
Interviews: Wednesday 22 May (throughout the afternoon)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email.
Please see links below for job description, person specification, applicant letter and application form.
Completed application forms supported by letters of application should be returned directly to the school office or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
"This school is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spend reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.