Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values within school to ensure our pupils leave us prepared for life in modern Britain.
Our pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
Our school vision is that our school will ‘Grow together, hand in hand’ through high quality teaching and learning, personal and social development and a shared commitment to the school’s values:
· Democracy – everybody has a voice and we must always listen to each other’s views
· The rule of law – our rules are there to protect us and to teach us right from wrong
· Individual liberty – we are all special, unique and free to choose what we believe
· Mutual respect – we must always treat each other with respect
· Tolerance – we recognise and celebrate our differences