Research suggests that acts of giving and kindness can help improve your mental wellbeing by:
• creating positive feelings and a sense of reward
• giving you a feeling of purpose and self-worth
• helping you connect with other people
We would like you to do something positive for someone else. This could be online or offline. It could be a small act of kindness towards someone else, or a larger one like volunteering in your local community.
Maybe you could:
- ask your family or friends how they are and really listen to their answer
- say thank you to someone for something they have done for you
- give someone a compliment or send them a nice message
- make a card or picture for someone
- do some litter picking in your local area
- video message someone you love just to tell them that you love them
- leave a nice comment for someone electronically
By giving positive feedback and support to friends and family as well as reporting the negative behaviour of others, we can help make the world and the web a positive place for everyone.